Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

MY LIFE

MY LIFE
MY LOVE

Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR YA'LL!

I hope this day finds you all well. Bob & I have had an amazing week...from visiting friends, having dates, going to the movies (saw more movies in 2 weeks than I saw in 1 year), sleeping & taking naps, visiting with family, our children and grandkids, and walking around the house knowing that there should be SOMETHING I need to do. I felt a little lost at the beginning of my vacation, but as the end of my vacation is here I think I could get used to staying home and spending time with family and friends. One thing I realized is that we don't spend enough time with the ones we love. Our days are filled with committments to things that dont really matter...things that are of the moment. This year I want to focus more time on God and my personal relationship with him (we can never give him enough of us and we can never get enough of him)...spending more time with my family and friends and praying for my neighbors. This year is going to be about relationships and not about temporary and instant gratification.


What can you/we do this year that will make a difference in someones life? Let's fill in that blank :D


What is on the menu today?


CHICKEN POT PIE


2-cups chopped cooked chicken

1-10 oz. can vegall or vegetable of choice

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped celery

1/4 cup butter

1/4 tsp. ground sage

1/2 cup flour

1-1/2 cup chicken broth

2/3 cup milk

2 - single crusts for pie plate, top and bottom

Melt butter in sauce pan. saute onion and celery for 5 min. Add sage and flour. Stir well. Add chicken broth and milk. Cook over medium heat until thick. Stir in chicken and drained veggies. Pour into pie plate. Top with crust, flute edges, and slit top for steam to escape. Place in oven on cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until done.


Ya'll will love love this...simple and delicious!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment