Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

MY LIFE

MY LIFE
MY LOVE

Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Busy as a Bee


I always thought my life was busy when I was a stay-at-home mom. Meeting myself coming and going and waiting for the day my oldest son could drive. Reality is...you never "stop" going. Now that I have been an empty nester for at least 13 years I STILL find myself coming and going. For example...when all the kids were home it was basketball, wrestling, baseball, gymnastics, boy scouts, girl scouts, soccer, swim meets, doctors, dentists, school, and church. Now its...work, church, ministering to those in need, doctors, dentists, hospital visits, funerals, visiting children, spending time with grandkids, planning get-togethers, making phone calls, studying, school, taking care of my husband, making sure my grandma and uncle have what they need, taking grandma to appointments, and taking care of my house...oh yeah and finding time for me. Routines change but life goes on. I am happy with my life, where I am today. I have a great relationship with my husband, children, friends, church, work, and most importantly with God. I am blessed beyond measure, I owe it all to my heavenly daddy...GOD!!!


Today, I decided I was going to start eating healthy and exercise. I ate fruit for breakfast and a salad the size of a hubcap, and no I couldnt finish it all. I walked on the treadmill a mile in 30 minutes while watching the food network. It makes my time go by and I get a kick out of watching the Neelys, they make me laugh. I can daydream about owning my own restaurant and feeding people some great food at a rediculous low price with lines of folks out the door. Believe me it makes being on the treadmill worth it :D
Its Rev. Martin Luther King Day and we are off work today. I have to make a budget, read more in my Bible, do my homework, write a letter to my penpal, go to my nieces and help her with organizing her kitchen, call my friend in Mississippi, do laundry (working on now), treadmill again and spend time with my husband when he wakes up. He worked 16 hours and I miss him. I take my time serious when we get to be together so tonight I will get to see him longer than the 20 minutes or less that I usually get with him. I was supposed to spend time with girlfriends with movie night, but I need to be home to see my hubby its rare we get more than 20 minutes together. Sorry girls...maybe next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment